Welcome to the Rushmoor Cycle Forum site
The Rushmoor Cycle Forum is a varied cross-section of Rushmoor residents/employees linked by a desire to facilitate the use of bikes for recreation and as a means of transport.
They meet regularly with officers from Rushmoor Borough Council and Hampshire County Council to discuss issues concerning cyclists and pedestrians in the area.
The purpose of the forum is:
- To promote all forms of cycle usage both in Rushmoor and to surrounding areas and convert car journeys to cycle journeys.
- To be able to cycle from any A to any B by a safe, direct, convenient route.
- To encourage companies to support cycle usage as another form of transport to and from work, through the provision of improved amenities for cycle users. These would include changing facilities, secure parking, a mileage allowance for cycling on work related business and support of the Bike to Work scheme.
- To campaign on widespread cycling issues.
- To consult on all road projects and new developments in Rushmoor.
Mayor of Rushmoor's Charity Cycle Treasure Hunt 2016
The Mayor of Rushmoor's Charity Cycle Treasure Hunt takes part on 28 August, starting at 8:30 am at Farnborough Community Centre.
The aim is for riders to collect raffle tickets at checkpoints around the Borough. There are 13 checkpoints to visit and participants may visit as many as they like. Riders return to the Community Centre for 12:00 noon
Shortly after 12:00 there will be a raffle draw and medal presentation. There will also be a prize for the fastest person or team to visit each checkpoint.
Fun for all ages and abilities, many of the checkpoints are near the start and may be reached on family friendly routes. Visiting all checkpoints within 3 hours will be a challenge for experienced riders.
Please register at the Naya Yuva website. Payment will be taken on the day.
Moneys raised will be shared between The Brain Tumor Charity, The Leah Wigmore Fund, Broad Hurst and Naya Yuva.
Local Breeze Rides
Breeze rides are all about getting women into riding bikes for fun. Following the popular launch rides in April regular rides are being planned from Gray's Coffee in North Camp.
To find future rides, go to the Sky Ride web site and search for rides near Farnborough.