Welcome to the Rushmoor Cycle Forum site
The Rushmoor Cycle Forum is a varied cross-section of Rushmoor residents/employees linked by a desire to facilitate the use of bikes for recreation and as a means of transport.
They meet regularly with officers from Rushmoor Borough Council and Hampshire County Council to discuss issues concerning cyclists and pedestrians in the area.
The purpose of the forum is:
- To promote all forms of cycle usage both in Rushmoor and to surrounding areas and convert car journeys to cycle journeys.
- To be able to cycle from any A to any B by a safe, direct, convenient route.
- To encourage companies to support cycle usage as another form of transport to and from work, through the provision of improved amenities for cycle users. These would include changing facilities, secure parking, a mileage allowance for cycling on work related business and support of the Bike to Work scheme.
- To campaign on widespread cycling issues.
- To consult on all road projects and new developments in Rushmoor.
Mayor's Charity Bike Ride, 14 September 2014
The Mayor of Rushmoor's Charity Bike Ride will take place on 14 September, starting from the Farnborough Community Centre, Elles Road.
There are two off-road routes, a short family friendly route of about 3 miles, with a longer 10 mile ride.
More details will be posted soon