Welcome to the Rushmoor Cycle Forum site
The Rushmoor Cycle Forum is a varied cross-section of Rushmoor residents/employees linked by a desire to facilitate the use of bikes for recreation and as a means of transport.
They meet regularly with officers from Rushmoor Borough Council and Hampshire County Council to discuss issues concerning cyclists and pedestrians in the area.
The purpose of the forum is:
- To promote all forms of cycle usage both in Rushmoor and to surrounding areas and convert car journeys to cycle journeys.
- To be able to cycle from any A to any B by a safe, direct, convenient route.
- To encourage companies to support cycle usage as another form of transport to and from work, through the provision of improved amenities for cycle users. These would include changing facilities, secure parking, a mileage allowance for cycling on work related business and support of the Bike to Work scheme.
- To campaign on widespread cycling issues.
- To consult on all road projects and new developments in Rushmoor.
Mayor's Charity Bike Ride, 14 September 2014
The Mayor of Rushmoor's Charity Bike Ride will take place on 14 September, starting from the Farnborough Community Centre, Elles Road, GU14 7LE, with registration from 9.00 am and first rides leaving from 9.30 am.
There are two off-road routes, a short family fun route of about 3 miles, with a longer 10 mile ride.
The fun route follows the cycle path across Farnborough airfield to Queensgate and back and includes a game session near the balloon hanger before returning to the start point.
The main ride uses cycle paths and the Basingstoke Canal towpath to go round the outside of the airport and returning to the start point.
The cost is £10 for adults, £5 for children under 16, and £20 for a family, up to two adults and up to two children. Under 16s need to bring a responsible adult, under 18s need a parent of guardian to sign the Registration Form for consent.
All proceeds go to the Mayor's Charity Fund which this year is supporting three local charities: Parity for Disability; Parent Action Group and The Vine Day Centre.
Please use one Registration Form 2014 for each participant and return them with the entry fee to the Mayor of Rushmoor . A Sponsorship form may also be downloaded.